Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back from Memphis

This is a restuarant we ate on the famous Beale street, home of Elvis Presley, and rock and roll and I'm back from a inspiring week in Memphis it was a good trip and I really learned alot about myself on the trip and challenged myself and being able to say no to ed. It was easy for me to resist my ed on this trip due to I was busy during the whole week working at the community center and prepping for their festival all day, so their was little time to think about food, and calories, and this really made me realize how much there is to life when I'm free of this. and that there is more to me than my ed, I realized I was good working with younger children and tutoring them and that I enjoyed it. I also realized I need to trust myself more and that I can do more things then I think I can, becuase I also did a bunch of art/design projects for the backdrop of the festival and they worked, and now I see there is so much more to my life then food. This trip gave me the chance to see what I need to work on in order to overcome. I learned also alot about social justice and racial equality and how passionate I am about this topic, and I was able to visit the civil rights museum which is built on the place where Martin Luther King died, and it was an amazing experience and I felt very empowered by this experience and others through-out my trip that keep pushing me into the direction of recovery.

2 comments:

aussirish said...

hi hun
hope you had a great trip!
xxx

Sophia Lee said...

wow! sounds like you had a great time! I'm so glad you're learning so much...and finding what you enjoy!