Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quick Wednesday

Today I got up and made myself a bowl of Cheerios, w/granola, and some raisins, plus plain silk soymilk
Then I packed this Kashi Bar for later, since I wouldn't have time today to have lunch until later, I never had this Chocolate Almond Flavor before but it was pretty good, tasted like a chocolate rice krispie treat, and I also packed an apple not pictured
Then for dinner I was really in the mood just for some PB and J, so I made one on whole wheat w/ Teddy's Natural Crunchy PB and Smucker's whole fruit strawberry jam




For dessert, I bought some fresh fruit from the cafe downstairs, and it was exactly what I needed, I really love fresh pineapple, once I had it, I feel like I can never go back to canned



I talked to my mom on the phone today and it was pretty hard, I always feel like my mom never really understood me, and when I was in high school my parents pretty much emotionally bailed out on me, and didn't offer me much help, but in the positive I'm closer to my older brother now, and we are going out for coffee tommorow night, he lives close by my college, as we went to the same one! I really miss my friends from high school and have never really felt at home at college, even though I'm a junior I can't wait till, I graduate, but at the same time I don't want to rush it, I feel like I keep to myself alot at college and don't really socialize much, which is not the real me, as I love to talk, but my eating disorder has really alienated me from other girls my age, and I feel like alot is so superficial at my college and alot of my friendships haven't really stuck through the hard times except my ones from home. I think I'm going to try and do things more with others on campus so I'm not alone so much, and that way keep my mind off eating disorder thougts. Well, I'm off to a missions trip meeting that I'm going on for spring break:) which should help me on the socializing and meeting people front.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun at your meeting!

i found that kashi bar a little plain for some reason!
love the fruit =]

amy. said...

Ah, cheerios and granola is such a good combo! Love it, girl.

I'm happy you have a close relationship with your older bro--that is so vital for recovery. Have fun at coffee! My kind of hang out :D

Pamela Alida said...

Its nice that you have a good relationship with your older brother. Im proud of you for talking to your mom even though it was difficult. Hang in there girl