Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wonderful Weekend at Home

I got to bake since I've been home, I made the recipe for 10 Grain muffins on the back of Bob's Red Mill package and I added raisin and some cinnamon to spice them up, they were so delicious with some strawberry jam from whole foods

I also got to try this new currant drink blended with passionfruit since I've been home, the only thing is its super sweet so I had to dilute it with water, but I loved the flavor I think it would be even better with some sparkling water. I got it on sale for 98 cents can't beat that as its usually almost 2.50 at the market.
I bought some Japanese language books at Barnes and Nobles while down in the city with my friend to get ready for my trip to Japan I really need to brush up, its been a couple years since my last class


I'm so glad that I was able to go home for the last couple days, its been so renewing and awesome its hard to want to go back to school, I talked to my mom and she is understanding more about my struggles and it has gone well. I feel that as I get older that my mom realizes my past behaviors and has now seen a major change in my attitude about life in general and how much different I am when not deep into my ed, and it has been a much happier time at home now, without all ed pulling me down, I enjoyed my weekend, I got to go to Philly this past Thursday and I ate at two amazing places
Pita Pi, where I got a delicious falafel pita, and Capogiro for the most amazing gelato with a close friend where I had an amazing combo of nutella, and a papaya flavor gelato, I had such a good time and it was nice to have some good food other then college. I also got to go to this Chocolate Cafe and got a Bangkok truffle that was infused with tea and lemongrass flavors, it was alot of fun to try and just enjoy the sunshine and walking around. In all this weekend has been such a good bonding experience with my close friends and my family, and it was relaxing, its hard to want to go back to school, but now I feel refreshed and recharged and ready to tackle the last four weeks of college
I got to try this delicous combo, my first breakfast at home, so good, weetabix, strawberries, and a container of my favorite stonyfield blueberry yogurt, ahh I could eat this every morning, it was so good I bought some weetabix and some almond milk to try back at school


I also bought a bunch of luna bars, and kashi, and my favorite cadbury and green and blacks to bring back with me to college, so excited to try some of these mojo bar flavors too:)Well, Enjoy your Easter Weekend:), I'm so sad that its almost over

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hun
happy easter :)
those bars all look so good! so many flavours to try!
im glad your mum can understand a bit better and is finally seeing who you are without the ed behaviors...they can really take over us, which is why recoverys the most important worthwhile thing if we ever want to be our true self again,
have a lovely day :)
xxxx

Anonymous said...

hey, I'm so glad you got a good talk with you mother! I'm so happy for you. I hope you guys work it out and form the most beautiful relationship ever.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that your enjoying time at home!
great LUNA bar stash & love the almond milk!