Monday, April 6, 2009

Reminders of Beauty and Life

Today I started out positive I went for a bike ride after breakfast of Kashi Go Lean,plain yogurt, and raisins, and went to the beach to do my quiettime, it felt so peaceful and serene, but then when it came to lunch ed started bothering me, with questions of "You don't deserve to eat" and kept pounding into me, I almost went into binge mode, but then I tried one of my techniques just to remove myself and think about something else and go read a book, and also to figure out what started this. Now I'm glad to say it worked and I was able to stop myself mid-binge and talk myself out of it, I'm so glad that I'm able to realize that I have the strength to do this:)

Such a good feeling, and yesterday me and my brother went out to the cutest cafe and got goatcheese, and pesto paninis w/ carrot ginger soup,it was very relaxing and nice to share a meal with family, I'm so glad to be able to have these moments and also the strength now to realize when I'm going back to ed, this journey, is making me stronger, I feel like from what I was a couple months ago, I have changed hugely and am ready to face the world. I also saw my friend last night who is also recovering from an ed and she is doing very well, and it was so encouraging to see her strength, she had as she fought.
I'm ready to do the same, and get better:) Yes, to seeing alot of beautiful days ahead and to growing in recovery and getting through the hardships.

Yes to going home in two days to philly for Easter:) with my family and seeing my closest friends

3 comments:

aussirish said...

hey hun
so proud of you for using techniques to beat the urge to use ed behaviors...it shows a lot of progress :) im so glad you had such a nice day. you DEFINETLY have the strength to do this!
keep it up
xxxx

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun with your brother :)

the pesto panini sounds really good too!

Anonymous said...

YAY! so happy to see you so encouraged and hopeful and positive! your happiness is infectious. I'm in a better mood now because of you!
and you're right...you ARE stronger than ED! you've realized that, which is a great weapon against him! faith and confidence in yourself is KEY!